Black & Decker RC436 16-cup rice cooker has one cook switch, non-stick inner pot, vented glass lid, condensation catcher and stay cool handles.
Black & Decker RC436 16-cup rice cooker features
- Rice cooker makes up to 16 cups of cooked rice.
- When cooking cycle is completed it switches to KEEP WARM automatically.
- KEEPS WARM while it’s plugged in.
- Cook and warm indicator lights.
- Stay-cool handles.
- See through vented glass lid allows you to watch cooking process and releases pressure through the vent.
- Non-stick Teflon coated removable cooking pot with water level markings.
- Steam vent and condensation catcher.
- Non-stick cooking pan and glass lid are dishwasher-safe.
- Comes with plastic steaming basket, measuring cup, onboard rice scoop and instruction manual.
- Measures approximately 10 by 10 by 8 inches.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Plugs into standard American outlet.
- Made in China.
How Black & Decker RC436 16-cup rice cooker works
This is a basic rice cooker with one touch operation. It comes with helpful instruction manual and recipes. Even if you lose manual you can always find it on http://www.blackanddeckerappliances.com.
Black & Decker 16-cup rice cooker has water level markings inside the pot for brown and other types of rice.
- Before cooking make sure the heating plate and exterior of the cooking bowl are clean and dry. You might have to turn it slightly to the left and right to ensure proper contact with the heating plate.
- Place desired amount of rinsed rice in the cooking bowl. (Holds maximum 7 cup dry rice and cooks without making a mess).
- Add water. Use the water-level markings inside the cooking bowl as a guide for adding the appropriate amount of water.
- For example, for 3 cup of uncooked dry rice, fill with water up to water-level marking 3. Do not add too much water as it may cause the unit to boil over.
- Use the “BROWN RICE” markings when cooking brown rice and “OTHER RICE” for all other varieties. Taste depends on the type of rice and how long it is cooked.
- For softer, fluffier rice, add a little more water, for firmer rice add a less water.
- Place the lid on the rice cooker.
- Plug into a standard electrical outlet.
- The Warm light comes on. Press down the On switch.
- The Cook light comes on and cooking begins.
- As the rice expands and cooks, steam comes out through the steam vent on the lid.
- When cooking cycle is completed it switches to WARM automatically and keeps WARM while unit is plugged in.
- It is recommended to use measuring cup to get perfect cooked rice.
- check price
Cook variety of dishes in Black & Decker 16-cup rice cooker
Black & Decker RC436 16-cup rice cooker comes with plastic steaming basket which adds functionality to this cooker.
It steams fish steaks, chicken breasts or vegetables while rice cooks below. While cooking, juice drips down and flavors the rice.
Note: when steaming products and cooking rice together leave some space for rice to expand.
Black & Decker RC436 16-cup rice cooker cooks stews, soups, oatmeal, jambalaya and other dishes.
- Select 1 hour recipes or less.
- Use fresh cut into 1 inch or 1.5 inch cubes tender boneless meats or poultry.
- Add desired amount of water & meat.
- Since most frozen and fresh vegetables cook very quickly, it is best to add them at the end of the cooking time.
- Stir them into the soup or stew and allow the mixture to cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
Black & Decker 16-cup rice cooker is so versatile. There are many up to 1 hour recipes online that you can cook in this rice cooker.
Black & Decker RC436 16-Cup Rice Cooker
- Cooks all types of rice, soups, stews and oatmeal. Steams fish, poultry and vegetables.
- When cooking cycle is completed it switches to KEEP WARM automatically. KEEPS WARM while it's plugged in.
- Cook and warm indicator lights. Stay-cool handles.
- See through vented glass lid allows you to watch cooking process and releases pressure through the vent. Non-stick Teflon coated removable cooking pot with water level marks. Both are dishwasher-safe.
- Comes with plastic steaming basket, measuring cup, onboard rice scoop and instruction manual. 1-year limited warranty.