Tatung TAC-6G 6 cup rice and cooker has stainless steel inner pot, stainless steam tray and one cook switch. It uses indirect heating to cook a variety of rice and dishes. It’s easy to use and mess free, because it collects excess steam and moisture in the outer pot.
Tatung TAC-6G 6 cup rice cooker features
- Cooks variety of rice and dishes.
- Steams all types of vegetables, seafood, poultry, fruits, buns, eggs and dumplings.
- Uses indirect heating to prepare food.
- Mess Free.
- Cook and Warm indicator lights.
- Cook and Warm switch controls.
- Comes with stainless steel inner bowl pot, stainless steamer tray, spatula, rice measuring cup and instruction manual.
- Lid holder.
- Dishwasher safe inner bowl and steam tray.
- 1 year limited warranty.
How Tatung TAC-6G 6 cup rice cooker works
Tatung rice cooker prepares a variety of rice and dishes using indirect heating. It’s similar to cooking method using a double boiler.
To get perfect rice measure the appropriate amount of rice and water using water level markings inside of the stainless steel inner bowl and rice measuring cup that comes with it.
- For example, for 2 cups of uncooked rinsed rice fill with water up to level 2.
- Then add water in the outer cooker also until mark 2.
- Place stainless steel inner bowl with ingredients inside the outer pot.
- Plug the cooker.
- Press the Cook switch down. The cook indicator light comes on and cooking begins. Steam circulates between bowl and outer cooker during the cooking process and cooks food.
- After about 30 minutes Cook switch pops up and rice cooker switches to Keep Warm automatically. Tatung recommends to keep rice in a cooker for an extra 15 minutes on warm mode without opening a lid.
- If you don’t want to Keep rice Warm you can switch the cooker off. The cooker has holder on the side that holds the lid. Check price
Tatung TAC-6G 6 cup rice cooker review
This Tatung rice cooker model doesn’t have time or temperature controls. It’s a basic rice cooker that cooks and steams different types of rice, stews, soups, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other dishes using steam.
It keeps rice moist even after a few hours being on Warm mode.
The Tatung rice cooker is Mess Free. It collects excess steam and moisture in the outer pot.
It comes with a stainless steel inner pot and stainless steamer tray that are easy to clean in the dishwasher. Rice cookers’ exterior needs wipe cleaning with damp cloth. Aggressive detergents may damage the finish, so use light detergents.
Read about Tatung 10 cup rice cooker that uses indirect heating to prepare foods and watch Video presentation by Tatung.
TATUNG TAC-6G 6 Cup Rice Cooker with Stainless Steel Inner Bowl Pot
- Dishwasher safe stainless steel inner bowl pot and stainless steamer tray.
- Mess Free.
- It keeps rice moist even after a few hours being on Warm mode.
- Uses indirect heating to cook different types of rice, stews, soups, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other dishes.