Panasonic SR-DE103 5-cup Fuzzy Logic rice cooker is advanced and versatile multi cooker with integrated Fuzzy Logic micro computer that manages all cooking options with a push of a button.
Panasonic 5-cup Fuzzy Logic rice cooker features
- Holds 5 cups of uncooked dry rice yields 10 cups of cooked rice.
- 8 pre-programmed cooking options.
- Cooking options include: white, brown, sticky rice, quick cook, porridge, steam, slow cook (3 hours), 15-minute cook and cake.
- Micro computerized “Fuzzy Logic” control panel with LCD display and clock.
- Up to 12 hours Auto Keep Warm.
- Up to 24 hrs delay start time.
- On and Keep Warm indicator lights.
- Detachable cord.
- Non stick pot.
- Comes with steamer basket, serving spoon, measuring cup and manual.
- Large handle for easy transfer.
- 120 AC; 60Hz
- Model: SR-DE103.
- 1 year limited warranty.
- Made in Thailand. Check price
How to use Panasonic rice cooker
With 8 pre-programmed cooking options Panasonic rice cooker starts cooking with a push of a button. There are 4 rice cooking options: white, brown, sticky and quick cook.
For cooking white rice it takes 10-15 minutes longer than in other rice cooker.
It takes about 2 hours to cook brown rice.
Panasonic Fuzzy Logic rice cooker soaks brown rice and keeps it on warm for a while and then starts the cooking cycle.
When the cooking cycle is completed Panasonic rice cooker alerts you with a sound a few times and switches to Keep Warm mode automatically. The lid stays sealed firmly during cooking and opens with a push of a button.
The inner pot has water level markings inside. For example: for 2 cups of uncooked dry rice, fill with water up to line 2. You can adjust the rice firmness to suit your taste. For softer rice add a little more water, for harder rice less water.
Quick cook setting cooks rice without soaking it.
Panasonic Fuzzy Logic rice cooker cooks a variety of dishes
Panasonic rice cooker prepares one pot meals. With its 4 extra built in functions it prepares dishes other than the rice with a push of a button.
Panasonic rice cooker cooks porridge, slow cooking recipes, bakes a cake, steams vegetables and meats while rice cooks below.
It cooks white, brown, basmati, jasmine and other types of rice. During the steaming process the juice drips down and flavors the rice. When steaming products together with rice allow some space for the rice to expand.
The slow cooking (3 hours) function prepares stews, soups, chili and other dishes.
Panasonic Fuzzy Logic rice cooker review
Panasonic Fuzzy Logic rice cooker cooks rice to perfection but it takes longer time to cook rice comparing to stove top method and other rice cookers.
The lid is not removable. It need only wipe cleaning. (Older model had removable inner lid)
The inner bowl is easy to clean by hand with warm soapy water. It has large handle for easy lifting and transfer.
It doesn’t have condensation catcher, so if you add more water than recommended it can make a mess.
Panasonic rice cooker is portable and convenient for use at home, work or in a hotel room.
There is other Panasonic 10-cup Fuzzy Logic rice cooker available without Slow cook and Cake options.
Panasonic 5-Cup Fuzzy Logic Rice Cooker
- 8 pre-programmed cooking options.
- Cooking options include: white, brown, sticky rice, porridge, steam, slow cook (3 hours), 15-minute cook and cake.
- Micro computerized Fuzzy Logic cooking control panel with LCD display and clock.
- Up to 12 hours Keep Warm. Up to 24 hours delay start time.
- When food is cooked it alerts you with a sound a few times and switches to Keep Warm automatically
- It takes longer time to cook brown rice than stove top method or other rice cookers.