Norpro 175 Stainless Steel Collapsible Vegetable Steamer is not a full steamer with pot, it’s just a steamer insert which can be used with any pot.
Norpro stainless steel collapsible vegetable steamer features and measurements.
- Steamer expands to fit pot size.
- Norpro stainless steel collapsible vegetable steamer insert expands from 5.5″/14cm to 9.5″/24cm and will open only as wide as you want it to.
- Even if you are using a wide pot, you don’t have to open the steamer all the way.
- Height from the bottom of the legs to the top of the ring is 2.75″
- Steamer legs height is 1″.
- Steamer model number 175. Weight 5.6 ounces. Made in China for Norpro.
How to use Norpro stainless steel collapsible vegetable steamer insert
The Norpro collapsible steamer insert is lightweight and has stable stainless steel construction. It comes collapsed into itself for easy storage.
To open a steamer just put your finger in the hole in the middle and pull it. It opens like a flower. You can use this steamer insert with any pan you have. The Norpro collapsible steamer insert has 3 short legs, which let the steamer stay above the water.
To steam vegetables:
- Put 3/4″ of water in a pan.
- Place your Norpro steamer insert.
- Put vegetables you want to steam.
- Cover the pan with a lid and steam.
- Steam for 7-10 minutes.
When vegetables are ready pull the ring in the middle to lift the steamer insert out of pan. Norpro collapsible steamer lets you cook vegetables as a main or side dish in a few minutes. Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. check price
There is another larger model Norpro large no post stainless steel vegetable steamer available with no post in the middle, which allows you to steam large items.
Norpro Stainless Steel Collapsible Vegetable Steamer 175
- Expands to fit any pot size. Even if you are using a wide pot, you don't have to open the steamer all the way.
- Stable stainless steel construction.
- Collapses into itself for easy storage.
- Comes with ring in the middle for easy lifting.
- Steams vegetables fast due to maximum allowable 3/4