Circulon Contempo hard anodized nonstick 3.5 qt asparagus pot with steamer basket is a full steamer which does not require additional pot unlike the Circulon stainless universal steamer which does. The shape of the steamer is unique and beautiful. It adds a new look to your kitchen and takes less space on the stove top. Due to its tall and narrow construction, you can use it while cooking various dishes in large sauce pans. Nonstick coating allows you to use the pot as a soup pot.
Circulon asparagus steamer pot construction & composition
The Circulon asparagus pot is made of hard anodized aluminum. It went through the complicated technological process. Aluminum is wear resistant and lightweight metal. It’s widely used for production hard anodized cookware due to its very good conduction of electricity and heating properties. The surface of aluminum is covered by a thin layer of aluminum oxide. Anodizing process increases the thickness of the aluminum oxide layer, that makes it two times harder than stainless steel.
Circulon hard anodized steamer capacity
Multi purpose asparagus steamer pot
The steamer basket is made of stainless steel. It has collapsible handle for easy lifting. It also has short legs to avoid water contact with foods. Inner basket allows you to steam up to 3 bunches of asparagus or any other big and tall vegetables such as carrots, heads of broccoli, ears of corn, potato, zucchini, long green beans, cauliflower and more. check price
Circulon hard anodized pot has grooved wave non-stick coating
Due to the fact that pot has grooved wave non-stick coating design which makes it easy to clean and extends durability, it’s also metal utensil safe and allows you to cook various first and second dishes in it for 2-3 servings, including sauces, soups, broths, legumes, stews, pasta and more.
Circulon Contempo Hard Anodized Asparagus Pot 3.5-Quart with Steamer Basket
- The stainless steel side handles are wrapped in silicone material and are cool to touch for easy transfer.
- The glass lid allows you to view the food during cooking proccess without lifting it and prevents moisture and heat escape.
- Pot has grooved wave non-stick coating design which makes it easy to clean and extends durability. It's also metal utensils safe and allows you to cook various first and second dishes in it for 2-3 servings, including sauces, soups, broths, legumes dishes, stews, pasta and more.
- The pot is oven safe to 400 degrees F.
- The downside is that the distance between the bars a bit wider and some of thin asparagus or green beens may fall through.
- In that case you may consider to tie two or three asparagus in a small bunches at the bottom with the sewing thread.